Free Webinars and More on Hot Topics in Law and Business
Berkeley Boosts is a monthly series of free webinars (with MCLE credit) and articles for legal practitioners and organizational leaders. Berkeley Boosts content is carefully curated by the Berkeley Center for Law and Business and Berkeley Law Executive Education to ensure engaging discussions on subjects that matter.
Expose yourself to different viewpoints, gain insights into emerging technologies, and learn from leading practitioners who share their experience, expertise, successes, and failures.
Berkeley Boosts 2020 Webinar Schedule
(exact dates and times to be announced and subject to change)
- January 23, 2020 | 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST | Leadership in the Legal Profession – Join us for a preview lecture from our upcoming “MBA-style” management course for legal professionals!
- February 2020 | Date and Time TBD | Finance for Lawyers – Join us for a discussion on how legal professionals can expand and leverage financial skills!
- March 2020 | Date and Time TBD | Storytelling for Lawyers – Join Aaron Zamost, Head of People, Communications & Policy at Square, for a lecture on how lawyers can utilize effective communications and storytelling to advance their arguments and careers. Aaron is currently teaching a course on this subject at Berkeley Law.
- April 2020 | Date and Time TBD | Evidence in the Age of Privacy – Berkeley Law Professor Rebecca Wexler will discuss her recent work, cited in the New York Times, on how new privacy regimes, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act and New York Privacy Act, will impact business, criminal justice, and more.
- November 20, 2019 | Discussion of the new book Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber with author Mike Isaac, New York Times
- October 23, 2019 | Dean Erwin Chemerinsky previews the coming SCOTUS term
- September 23, 2019 | Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, in conversation with Dean Erwin Chemerinsky
- August 27, 2019 | Too Close for Comfort? — AI, Cameras, and Privacy with Ken Goldberg, William S. Floyd Jr. Distinguished Chair in Engineering, UC Berkeley (this webinar was not recorded)
- May 29, 2019 | When Icahn Comes Knocking: Best Practices and Recent Developments in Shareholder Activism with Kenton King and Thomas Ivey, Skadden
- April 23, 2019 | #MeToo is Transforming Corporate Governance with Amelia Miazad, Berkeley Law
- March 20, 2019 | Wild World of Class Actions with David Singh, Weil
- February 26, 2019 | The Rise of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) with Mario Mancuso, Kirkland & Ellis (formerly Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security)
- January 22, 2019 | Blockchain Explained with Ian Lee, IDEO CoLab, and Nancy Wojtas, Cooley LLP
Attorneys participating in the live webinars can earn 1 hour of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit.
Articles & Interviews
On Leadership: A Conversation with John Kuo (09/24/2019)
#MeToo—A Watershed Moment (06/06/2019)