Free Webinars and More on Hot Topics in Law and Business
Berkeley Boosts is a monthly series of free, hour long webinars (with MCLE credit) and articles for legal practitioners and organizational leaders. Berkeley Boosts content is carefully curated by the Berkeley Center for Law and Business and Berkeley Law Executive Education to ensure engaging discussions on subjects that matter.
Expose yourself to different viewpoints, gain insights into emerging technologies, and learn from leading practitioners who share their experience, expertise, successes, and failures.
Special Limited Time Offer – Ends February 1st
Berkeley Law Executive Education is offering attorneys the opportunity to earn MCLE credit at no cost by watching a rich selection of past webinars. You can preview lists of past recordings in the dropdown menus below.
Access the webinars via the CLE Recordings button below and start learning today!CLE Recordings
Berkeley Boosts 2020 Webinar Schedule
(exact dates and times to be announced and subject to change)
To attend a specific Berkeley Boosts webinar, use the registration link(s) below. To receive periodic emails announcing future webinars, subscribe to our Berkeley Boosts email list.
By registering for a Berkeley Boosts webinar or subscribing to our list, you agree to receive email communications from Berkeley Law based on the information collected.
- Future programs will be announced soon. Subscribe for updates.
Attorneys participating in the live, one-hour webinars can earn 1 hour of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit.
Below is a list of past Berkeley Boosts webinars. To view any of them, you need access to our online archive, which is available to Berkeley Boosts subscribers.
If you already subscribed, you were provided with the password via email. If you are not a subscriber, please join our email list today to obtain the password.
- November 17, 2020 | The Future of ESG with Allison Bennington of PJT Partners, Suz Mac Cormac of Morrison Foerster, Amelia Miazad of UC Berkeley, Lila Preston of Generation Investment Management, Emmalyn Shaw of Flourish VC, and Tony West of Uber.
- October 27, 2020 | Women in Finance and Law: A Fireside Chat with SoftBank with Abbye Atkinson, Brian Wheeler, and Denise Ho.
- October 23, 2020 | The IPO Choice featuring UC Berkeley faculty and leaders from a16z, Goldman Sachs, Long-Term Stock Exchange, and more.
- August 25, 2020 | Complementarity: Work in an Age of Anxiety about Automation and Aerosols with Ken Goldberg
- July 22, 2020 | Investor Engagement on Racial Justice with Kimberley Lewis, Melanie Mendoza, and Doug Heske.
- June 24, 2020 | Privacy Asymmetries: Internet Evidence and Subpoenas with Rebecca Wexler of Berkeley Law
- May 27, 2020 | How ESG Makes Companies Resilient to Crisis with Amelia Miazad of Berkeley Law
- April 29, 2020 | AB-5 – The Impact of California’s Independent Contractor Law with Wendy Lazerson of Sidley
- March 25, 2020 | Finance and the Legal Profession with Apurva Desai
- March 18, 2020 | Deal-Making in a Financial Crisis with the Deal Professor
- February 25, 2020 | Leadership in the Legal Profession with Mike Ross
- November 20, 2019 | Discussion of the new book Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber with author Mike Isaac, New York Times
- October 23, 2019 | Dean Erwin Chemerinsky previews the coming SCOTUS term
- September 23, 2019 | Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, in conversation with Dean Erwin Chemerinsky
- August 27, 2019 | Too Close for Comfort? — AI, Cameras, and Privacy with Ken Goldberg, William S. Floyd Jr. Distinguished Chair in Engineering, UC Berkeley (this webinar was not recorded)
- May 29, 2019 | When Icahn Comes Knocking: Best Practices and Recent Developments in Shareholder Activism with Kenton King and Thomas Ivey, Skadden
- April 23, 2019 | #MeToo is Transforming Corporate Governance with Amelia Miazad, Berkeley Law
- March 20, 2019 | Wild World of Class Actions with David Singh, Weil
- February 26, 2019 | The Rise of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) with Mario Mancuso, Kirkland & Ellis (formerly Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security)
- January 22, 2019 | Blockchain Explained with Ian Lee, IDEO CoLab, and Nancy Wojtas, Cooley LLP
Berkeley Boosts Shorts!
Berkeley Boosts Shorts is a periodic series of free, half-hour webinars for legal practitioners and organizational leaders. Some of these presentations are sponsored by other entities within Berkeley Law.
To attend a specific Berkeley Boosts Shorts webinar, use the registration link(s) below. To receive periodic emails announcing future webinars, subscribe to our Berkeley Boosts email list.
By registering for a Berkeley Boosts Shorts webinar or subscribing to our list, you agree to receive email communications from Berkeley Law based on the information collected.
New Webinar Series | Civil Legal Issues and COVID-19
- Future programs will be announced soon. Subscribe for updates.
Past CJRI webinars are listed in the dropdown menu below and recordings reside in our Berkeley Boosts archive. Subscribe to obtain the password.
Past Webinar Series | Financial Crises, Business, and Law
In light of the coronavirus crisis and its impact on work and financial markets, Berkeley Law Executive Education hosted a live daily interview series called Berkeley Boosts Shorts that featured leading voices from law and business. The series ran from March 23 – April 30, 2020.
A list of each interview is found in the dropdown menu below and recordings reside in our Berkeley Boosts archive. Subscribe to obtain the password.
- December 4, 2020 | Justin Levitt and Kristen Clarke – Civil Remedies for Voting Rights Violations
- November 13, 2020 | Denyse Clancy and James J. Brosnahan – Attacks on the Judiciary
- September 10, 2020 | Mike Isaac (NY Times) – The Battle for TikTok
- September 4, 2020 | Catherine Fisk and Jennie Lee Anderson – Employment Law During COVID-19
- August 14, 2020 | Richard Rothstein and Zoe Polk – The Pandemic and Inequality
- July 31, 2020 | Deepak Gupta and Lauren Willis – COVID-19’s Impact on Consumer Law
- July 10, 2020 | Lori Cohen and Roman Silberfeld – Case Management During a Pandemic
- June 12, 2020 | Jeannine Bell and Paul Hoffman – Civil Remedies for Police Brutality
- May 22, 2020 | Valerie Hans and Bob Clifford – Jury Trials in the Era of COVID-19
- April 30, 2020 | Andrew Edgecliffe-Johnson (Financial Times) – Financial Crises and Stakeholder Governance
- April 28, 2020 | Melissa Murray (NYU) – Financial Crises and the Supreme Court
- April 27, 2020 | Rick Alexander (Shareholder Commons) – Financial Crises and Responsible Investing
- April 24, 2020 | Robert Bartlett (UC Berkeley) – An Update on the CARES Act
- April 23, 2020 | Anne Sheehan and Krystal Berrini (PJT Camberview) – Financial Crises and Corporate Governance
- April 22, 2020 | Rob Chesnut (Airbnb) – Financial Crises and Corporate Ethics
- April 21, 2020 | George Horvath (UC Berkeley) – Technical and Legal Barriers to Widespread Testing
- April 20, 2020 | Ellen London (Alto Litigation) – Financial Crises and Government Fraud
- April 17, 2020 | Stavros Gadinis and Amelia Miazad (both from UC Berkeley) – Covid-19 and ESG
- April 16, 2020 | Duc Vinh Trang (Major, Lindsey & Africa) – Financial Crises and the Corporate Legal Sector
- April 15, 2020 | Andy Shoyer (Sidley) w/ Eric Hinton (SMU) – Financial Crises and Global Trade
- April 14, 2020 | Adrienne Harris (University of Michigan) – Financial Crises and FinTech
- April 13, 2020 | Joel Beck-Coon (Humanity United) and Jesse Finfrock (Morrison Foerster) – Financial Crises and Social Impact Organizations
- April 10, 2020 | Anne Simpson (CalPERS) – Financial Crises and Institutional Investors
- April 9, 2020 | Steve Bochner (WSGR) – Financial Crises and Capital Markets
- April 8, 2020 | Scott James (DCVC) and Neil Pai (Founders Fund) – Financial Crises and VC
- April 7, 2020 | Jesse Eisinger (ProPublica) – Financial Crises and Investigative Journalism
- April 6, 2020 | Jo-Ellen Pozner (Santa Clara University) – Financial Crises and Board Governance
- April 3, 2020 | Erwin Chemerinsky (Berkeley Law) – Financial Crises and Law Schools
- April 2, 2020 | Tyler Gerking (Berkeley Law) – Financial Crises and Insurance
- April 1, 2020 | Sarah Frier (Bloomberg) – Author of No Filter: The Insider Story of Instagram
- March 31, 2020 | Carson Block (Muddy Waters Research) Financial Crises and Short-Selling
- March 30, 2020 | Anna Wiener (New Yorker) – Author of Uncanny Valley: A Memoir
- March 27, 2020 | Frank Partnoy (Berkeley Law) – Financial Crises and Regulatory Responses
- March 26, 2020 | Sam Bell (Employ America) – Financial Crises and the Federal Reserve
- March 24, 2020 | Jamie Leigh (Cooley) – Financial Crises and M&A Markets
- March 23, 2020 | Julie Brush (Solutus) – Financial Crises and the Legal Profession
* The archive is password protected. If you don’t have a password, please subscribe.
Articles & Interviews
On Leadership: A Conversation with John Kuo (09/24/2019)
#MeToo—A Watershed Moment (06/06/2019)