Free Webinars and More on Hot Topics in Law and Business
Berkeley Boosts is a monthly series of free webinars (with MCLE credit) and articles for legal practitioners and organizational leaders. Berkeley Boosts content is carefully curated by the Berkeley Center for Law and Business and Berkeley Law Executive Education to ensure engaging discussions on subjects that matter.
Expose yourself to different viewpoints, gain insights into emerging technologies, and learn from leading practitioners who share their experience, expertise, successes, and failures.
Berkeley Boosts 2019 Webinar Schedule
(exact dates and times to be announced and subject to change)
- October 23, 2019 | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT | SCOTUS Update /constitutional law primer with Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, Berkeley Law
- November 2019 – Discussion of the new book Super Pumped with Mike Isaac, New York Times
- December 2019 – Building and Leveraging Professional Networks with Greg Raiten, Tech GC
- January 22, 2019 | Blockchain Explained with Ian Lee, IDEO CoLab, and Nancy Wojtas, Cooley LLP
- February 26, 2019 | The Rise of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) with Mario Mancuso, Kirkland & Ellis (formerly Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security)
- March 20, 2019 | Wild World of Class Actions with David Singh, Weil
- April 23, 2019 | #MeToo is Transforming Corporate Governance with Amelia Miazad, Berkeley Law
- May 29, 2019 | When Icahn Comes Knocking: Best Practices and Recent Developments in Shareholder Activism with Kenton King and Thomas Ivey, Skadden
- August 27, 2019 | Too Close for Comfort? — AI, Cameras, and Privacy with Ken Goldberg, William S. Floyd Jr. Distinguished Chair in Engineering, UC Berkeley
Note: This webinar was not recorded.
- September 2019 | Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, spoke to the Berkeley Law community in late September. Subscribe to Berkeley Boosts to view the video.
Attorneys participating in the live webinars can earn 1 hour of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit.
Articles & Interviews
On Leadership: A Conversation with John Kuo (09/24/2019)
#MeToo—A Watershed Moment (06/06/2019)