Free Webinars and More on Hot Topics in Law and Business
Berkeley Boosts is a monthly series of free webinars (with MCLE credit) and articles for legal practitioners and organizational leaders. Berkeley Boosts content is carefully curated by the Berkeley Center for Law and Business and Berkeley Law Executive Education to ensure engaging discussions on subjects that matter.
Expose yourself to different viewpoints, gain insights into emerging technologies, and learn from leading practitioners who share their experience, expertise, successes and failures.
Berkeley Boosts 2019 Webinar Schedule
(exact dates and times to be announced and subject to change)
- August 27, 2019 | 10:00-11:00 AM PT | Too Close for Comfort? — AI, Cameras, and Privacy with Ken Goldberg, William S. Floyd Jr. Distinguished Chair in Engineering, UC Berkeley
Note: This webinar will not be recorded. Don’t miss out – subscribe to Berkeley Boosts so you can register to watch it live!
- September 2019 – SCOTUS/constitutional law primer
- October 2019 – Sustainability and Corporate Law
- November 2019 – CFIUS Update
- January 2020 – Checking in on GDPR
- January 22, 2019 | Blockchain Explained with Ian Lee, IDEO CoLab, and Nancy Wojtas, Cooley LLP
- February 26, 2019 | The Rise of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) with Mario Mancuso, Kirkland & Ellis (formerly Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security)
- March 20, 2019 | Wild World of Class Actions with David Singh, Weil
- April 23, 2019 | #MeToo is Transforming Corporate Governance with Amelia Miazad, Berkeley Law
- May 29, 2019 | When Icahn Comes Knocking: Best Practices and Recent Developments in Shareholder Activism with Kenton King and Thomas Ivey, Skadden
Attorneys participating in the webinars can earn 1 hour of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit.
Articles & Interviews
#MeToo—A Watershed Moment (06/06/2019)
Lessons Learned: Advice from the Top (03/27/2019)