- This event has passed.
Texas IP Roundup Ep. 2
February 28 @ 1:00 pm
Join us for another important conversation with Michael Smith about the Texas courts. If you are litigating in Texas or think that you could be there soon, you need Michael’s unique perspective about procedures and trends. Michael also selects the key cases that you need to know about. It is like having your own personal tour guide for IP cases in Texas.
This month, Michael has picked key cases in damages, venue, and sanctions that we all need to know about, including important topics such as:
- Enhanced post-verdict royalty rate linked to increased bargaining power after a favorable verdict;
- Explanation of the customer-suit exceptions;
- Evolving procedures on the use of Special Masters instead of technical advisors;
- Impacts of In re Plan Parenthood and Fifth Circuit law on venue determinations;
- Views on the differences between intra-district and inter-district transfers;
- In camera proceedings re litigation funding documents; and
- Guidance on sanction motions and a reminder of what is and is not sanctionable in a patent case.