- This event has passed.
Section 101 Comes to China: Is China Turning the Unpatentable into the Patentable?
June 17, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Over the past several years, China has been steadily expanding the scope of patentable subject matter, while the US has been making it more difficult to obtain software enabled patented inventions, fintech patents, and diagnostic patents. Is it in fact easier to obtain these patents in China than the US and what has been the impact (good or bad) on the US innovation ecosystem? The program will include Chinese experts in the field.
- Moderator: Chief Judge Paul Michel, (ret.)
- Hon. David Kappos, Cravath, Swaine & Moore
- Liaoteng Wang, Beijing East IP
- Guobin Cui, Tsinghua Law School
- Robert Merges, BCLT, Berkeley Law