- This event has passed.
3rd Berkeley-Tsinghua Conference on Transnational IP Litigation (Day 2)
January 22, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Transnational IP Litigation at a Time of Trade Tension
- What impact have bilateral trade tensions had on private IP dispute settlement between the United States and China?
- What practical strategies should rightsholders consider?
Hear from a distinguished group of judges, officials, practitioners and academics from the United States and China, discussing such issues as SEP’s, trade secrets, patent linkage for pharmaceuticals, on-line enforcement, and trans-border legal ethics. Among the US judges that have already confirmed are:
- Hon. Ray Chen, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Hon. Jeremy Fogel, Exec Director, Berkeley Judicial Institute; former Director, Federal Judicial Center; former District Judge, ND Cal
- Hon. Andrew Guilford, former District Judge, CD Cal
- Hon. Kent Jordan, Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- Hon. Randall Rader, former Chief Judge, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
They will be joined by a star-studded cast of colleagues from the US and China, including judges, in-house counsel, law firm practitioners and academics.
This conference will be online.
Day 1: January 21, 2021 4:30 to 6:30 P.M. (PST)
Day 2: January 22, 2021 4:30 to 6:30 P.M. (PST)
Day 3: January 28, 2021 4:30 to 6:30 P.M. (PST)
Day 4: January 29, 2021 4:30 to 6:30 P.M. (PST)
CLE credit will be offered.
The goal of the program is to foster a deeper understanding among practitioners, judges and policy makers of the increasingly important role of cross-border litigation, especially for Chinese and American companies. The program is an outgrowth of collaboration between Berkeley Law and Tsinghua Law. It is produced by the Asia IP Project of the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology and is co-sponsored by the Berkeley Judicial Institute.
If you require an accommodation for effective communication (ASL interpreting/CART captioning, alternative media formats, etc.) to fully participate in this event, please contact Nathalie Coletta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-643-5518 with as much advance notice as possible and at least 7-10 business days in advance of the event.