Berkeley Blockchain Academy Korea is a two-day executive education and certificate academy in Seoul, consisting of lectures, workshops, and guest presentations from the industry’s foremost educators and leaders. Blockchain Academy is adopted from Blockchain Unlocked, a program offered every year on campus in Berkeley.
(Applications close on November 27, 2018)
Berkeley Blockchain Academy Korea is designed to train business leaders in blockchain technology and its many business applications. Participants will walk away with a foundational understanding of blockchain technology, a survey of how blockchain is being used by businesses, startups, and governments, and a precise framework for analyzing blockchain use cases. Attendees will also learn about the state-of-the-art enterprise blockchain platforms, present-day challenges, and leading areas of research.
The two-day program will be held Monday, December 3, 2018 through Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at D.camp in Korea.
Who should apply
Business leaders, managers, attorneys, and executives who want to learn how blockchain technology can be applied to optimize and enable functions in their businesses today. No prior experience with blockchain is required!
The program fee is $1,500 per person ($1,000 for early birds who register by November 18, 2018). The program fee covers all tuition, course materials, and meals during the event. Travel and accommodation are not included.
We accept qualified candidates on a rolling basis and space is limited, so we encourage you to apply early. If selected, an invitation to register will be sent to the email you provided in your application.
Berkeley Blockchain Academy aims to provide a pragmatic, comprehensive, and actionable introduction to blockchain technology and its business applications. The program is suitable for executives interested in learning how blockchain might benefit their company, for builders ready to hit the ground running with a blockchain application, for innovators looking to see how blockchain can be applied to real-world problems, for attorneys working in the technology space, or for enthusiasts simply looking for a unique introduction and perspective on the industry.
Berkeley Blockchain Academy differentiates itself from other programs by emphasizing the practical business implications of blockchain and does not require a technical background or experience with the technology. This allows us to maintain a high-quality curriculum while still keeping the course accessible to participants of all backgrounds.
What to Expect
Over two days, academy participants will be immersed in blockchain and distributed ledger technology and uncover its capabilities for their industries and businesses. Modules include:
- The History of Money – Paving the Way for Bitcoin and Blockchain | Explore the development of Bitcoin and blockchain through a deep dive into the history of finance, money, banking, and decentralized platforms.
- Technical Introduction to Bitcoin and Blockchain | This module will provide participants with an introduction to the technical infrastructure underlying blockchain, Bitcoin, distributed ledgers, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Introduction to Lightning Network and Payments Use Cases | This module will explore one of the most interesting developments in the blockchain space, Lightning Network, a payment protocol that operates on top of a blockchain and allows for instant payments, availability, and low costs.
- Blockchain in Industry |This module will explore how blockchain is currently being used, and may be used in the future, in the financial industry.
- Use Case Workshops | Participants will learn about examples and generalizations about blockchain usage and work in teams to assess and develop industry applications for blockchain.
- Introduction to Cryptofinance, ICOs and Token Sales | An interactive workshop that examines the economics, infrastructure, and laws surrounding initial coin offerings and token sales.