Going Beyond Legal
For the first time since its inception, the General Counsel Institute is Going Beyond Legal. The multiday program will bring together a wide range of executives from the C-suite and beyond to discuss how they work with and are impacted by in-house legal professionals. Sessions will include fireside chats between CEOs and their GCs, presentations by CFOs and CIOs, and talks by other leaders who will share their experiences working cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals.
The General Counsel Institute, co-hosted by Berkeley Law Executive Education and Peer 150, is targeted at mid-career in-house attorneys who want to gain insight into the skills, techniques, and disciplines of the general counsel role, as well as network with other up and coming legal executives.
The interactive program is designed to maximize opportunities for discussion, learning, and networking.
- Each day is comprised of three sessions, which will begin at 8:30 AM and end around 12:30 PM Pacific Time.
- Each session will consist of a 35-40 minute presentation followed by 20-minute breakout discussions focused on the speaker’s topic.
- Breaks are scheduled throughout the morning.
- The day will conclude with an opportunity for social networking.
Instructors in June 2021 Include (partial list):
- Cynt Marshall, CEO, Dallas Mavericks
- Jeff Harleston, GC and EVP of Business & Legal Affairs, Universal Music Group
- Eric Hutcherson, EVP & Chief People & Inclusion Officer, Universal Music Group
- Matt Fawcett, Chief Strategy & Legal Officer, NetApp
- Larry McCallister, VP Global Talent, NetApp
- Bob Dzielak, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, Expedia
- Maya Leibman, EVP & CIO, American Airlines
- Amanda Coffee, Global Corporate Communications, PayPal
- Jason Boehmig, CEO, Ironclad
- Chris Young, General Counsel, Ironclad
- Jonathan Graham, EVP, General Counsel & Secretary, Amgen
- Irene Liu, Chief Legal Officer, Hopin
- Bronagh Crowley, VP Sales, Hopin
- Marina Gracias, General Counsel, Varo
- Deep Varma, CTO, Varo
- Carol Carpenter, SVP and CMO, VMware
Interested in this program? Learn more on The Peer 150 website.
When & Where
The General Counsel Institute: Going Beyond Legal was held June 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021. Add your name to our Notify Me list to learn when the program will be held again.
To be determined.
This program has been approved for up to 13 hours of MCLE credit by the State Bar of California. Attorneys from other states will need to contact their local bar to verify their own certification requirements.
For disability accommodation requests and information, please contact Lily Yang at email@example.com. Please attempt to make your service request with as much advance notice as possible.NOTIFY ME