- This event has passed.
Corporate Finance Fundamentals
June 6, 2022
Corporate Finance Fundamentals is an online certificate program and knowledge platform for practicing attorneys and other non-financial professionals that focuses on how to apply financial information analysis and corporate valuation in a variety of corporate settings and throughout the legal practice. The program is delivered through a series of online lectures and interviews.
Participants can complete the course requirements — approximately 20 hours of content — on their own schedule and are provided with a ten-week recommended schedule. However, participants will have access to the course content and platform for one year.
Through a series of recorded lectures and interviews, the course will:
- Introduce a practical framework for financial information analysis;
- Provide an understanding of the key drivers of corporate value creation
- Teach key valuation models and techniques;
- Provide tools for analyzing and interpreting corporate financial statements; and
- Explore important ethical questions that arise when legal professionals deal with complex financial transactions and when there are allegations of fraud.
When & Where
- The next course will launch on June 6, 2022.
- Participants can complete the course requirements — approximately 20 hours of content — on their own schedule and are provided with a ten-week recommended schedule. However, participants will have access to the course content and platform for one year.
Who Should Participate
- In-house attorneys advising on corporate matters;
- Corporate lawyers handling a range of business transactions for their clients, including new attorneys and summer associates; and
- Professionals in the public or private sector who deal with financial information on a regular basis
No prior experience with, or knowledge of, corporate finance is required!
- $1,000 general tuition
- $800 for UC Berkeley alumni and government, nonprofit, and university employees
- $800 for non-attorneys (MCLE credit not provided)
- Group rate: 5 or more participants (30% discount); 10 or more participants (40% discount); 20 or more participants (50% discount). Group rates are discounted off of the general tuition.
Tuition will cover program access. If you qualify for one of the special rates, please email [email protected] for instructions to access your tuition category. Please note that we do not combine discounts.
If you are interested in financing this course, Sallie Mae provides competitive education loan programs for credit qualified borrowers. For more information and to apply, visit the Sallie Mae website. If you decide to pursue such financing, please submit your application to Sallie Mae first and then contact us at [email protected]. We will provide additional instructions on completing your registration.
This course has been approved for up to 13 MCLE credit hours — including 2 legal ethics credit hours — by the California State Bar.
Please contact [email protected].
For disability accommodation requests and information, please contact Lily Yang at [email protected]. Please attempt to make your service request with as much advance notice as possible.